• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

6 cylinder "T" head engine needed

Alan D.

Registered
I am looking for a "T" head engine, Wisconsin or other with a CID of 450 to 600. If you know of any engines like this, Wisconsin or other, drop me a note.
Al

Alan D.

Registered
I would also consider other engines, Continental, Lycoming, Sterling, ETC "F or "L" head design.
Al

Mark Schneider

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/14/2018
Here is a disassembled 1936 dual ignition Waukesha 6RB176 flathead 5 x 5 3/4 out of a fire truck. Almost appears to be an aluminum block and pan?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fire-Truck...547701?hash=item1a7778afb5:g:B5sAAOSwIQdZMYnV

Being apart isn't the worst as a thorough engine inspection can be done before the commitment to buy. I suspect that the owner found that parts were either very expensive or unobtainable. Be sure all the parts are there....:uhoh: !!

tharper

Registered
Alan,

With the completion of the Locomobile nearly there and the speedster in the pipeline are you looking for yet another project? (LOL)

I think the big T-head bug has bitten you rather deep!

T.

Alan D.

Registered
Hello Andrew, I had not thought of a V-12, but hmmmm, maybe. I need to know the length from the front of the fan to the back of the cylinder blocks. I also need to know how much frame width it will take to set this engine into for a fit. How much does this junior 12 weigh? What is the condition and money wanted? The CID is just about what I want. If all else works, I may bite on it! Of course pictures are always good.
Al alsfarms@hotmail.com

---------- Post added at 02:27:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22:01 PM ----------

Hello Terry, Your comments above show a pretty good shadow. I do enjoy the aspects of "T" heads but also all old engines. I am, however, staying very focused on the current Locomobile (1) then the Wisconsin (2). The trouble is I sometimes get confused about which is which! :)
Al