• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

8-inch Lemmey Ericsson

Brent Rowell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/11/2020
A new friend contacted me recently about his Ericsson engine made by T.W.B. Lemmey of New York City. Lemmey, along with Heath and a few others, made what were essentially copies of the popular Ericsson engines made by Rider-Ericsson; both Lemmey and Heath were former employees of DeLamater Iron Works, one of the predecessors to Rider-Ericsson. Interesting that the engine looks much like the earlier DeLamater Ericssons although the legs were castings almost identical to those of Rider-Ericsson's. No patents were violated as Ericsson's patent was declared invalid for reasons described in my book on the history of Rider-Ericsson. As far as we know this is the only surviving example of a Lemmey.

Attachments

colo

Registered
They did not copy the concepts of operation ...
it's really a double with only the name changed,
flywheel straight spokes, feet in fusion as in my 6 ".... nice engine