• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

8Cycle Aermotor PumpWalking Beam Dimn's

Dale Russell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
08/29/2019
Does any one have the original Dimensions for the "T BASE & Walking Beam parts" for the pumping unit with my "DOG BONE" 8 Cycle Aermotor Engine? Thinking about making a working display for next Show season. Thanks for looking.

Dale Russell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
08/29/2019
BUMP! Still looking for Diminutions for the Aermotor Pump Jack Dim's. Thanks for looking! Dale

John Drabik

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/07/2019
Im no expert but I do own a 1914 8 cycle engine and an genuine Aeromotor pump. Those engines were designed to "lift", not pull down. Walking beams rock on the center putting your engine in the position of pulling down on one end to raise the pump end.
I think what your looking for is a "lifting beam." That would be fixed at one end, the engine "lifting" at a center point with the other end also lifting the pump rod.
Dimensions would vary based in the length of the pump stroke, length of the beam and the position of the engine along the beam.
I actually started what you trying to accomplish with a "walking beam" but came to the above conclusion that engine was designed to lift in the pumps upstroke, as directly attached to the pump rod or "beamed" to lift a distance away.
If there are other thoughts on this Id like to hear them.
John in CT

Dale Russell

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
08/29/2019
Yes John, The lifting Beam is what I was referring to. The length of the Stroke can be changed by changing the bolt in the 3 holes in the gear with the LEFT hand threaded bolt that the arm attaches too on the Engine.

My Engine is a "DOG BONE" Aermotor made between 1907 & 1909. I would just like to have a working unit to show what it was made to do. I was just hoping that someone had the Dimensions so I could build it.