• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

A 4hp REID project by John Burns

Reed Engine

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
John, we just got home from the Catoosa show where we ran one of your baby Reids for two days. Those are fantastic engines and a lot of fun to play with. Mike needs to put a cooling tank on the engine. It only holds about 2 gallons of water and we ran it until we started to boil the water and had to let it rest while we played with the oil burner Reid.
I saw that 4 hp while we were there. Guess I should have said hello. You guys were starting the big engine when we walked up.

Dwayne Fuller

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Reed, wish you had stopped for a short visit. I know sometimes guys don't like being interupted when they are starting an engine, but visiting is always fun. To me these old engines are just a excuse to gather at shows for fun and fellowship. Hope to see you at Pawnee in the spring.

John Burns

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/27/2010
I should be starting on the "last" 4hp reid build,befor too long.........this will be the creshendo of the engines

John Burns

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/27/2010
heads up fellows..........I am looking to buy a pick up truck........I will be selling the "spare" 4hp REID engine I am currently assembling.........it will be complete and running in the spring.......

this will be the only engine for sale.............

contact me 937 405 5738 if you are interested

John Burns