• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

A 4hp REID project by John Burns

Reed Engine

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
John, we just got home from the Catoosa show where we ran one of your baby Reids for two days. Those are fantastic engines and a lot of fun to play with. Mike needs to put a cooling tank on the engine. It only holds about 2 gallons of water and we ran it until we started to boil the water and had to let it rest while we played with the oil burner Reid.
I saw that 4 hp while we were there. Guess I should have said hello. You guys were starting the big engine when we walked up.

Dwayne Fuller

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Reed, wish you had stopped for a short visit. I know sometimes guys don't like being interupted when they are starting an engine, but visiting is always fun. To me these old engines are just a excuse to gather at shows for fun and fellowship. Hope to see you at Pawnee in the spring.

John Burns

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/27/2010
I should be starting on the "last" 4hp reid build,befor too long.........this will be the creshendo of the engines

John Burns

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/27/2010
heads up fellows..........I am looking to buy a pick up truck........I will be selling the "spare" 4hp REID engine I am currently assembling.........it will be complete and running in the spring.......

this will be the only engine for sale.............

contact me 937 405 5738 if you are interested

John Burns