• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

A Trip North

cobbadog

Registered
Re: A trip north

Sometimes it is as simple as stopping and asking if it is for sale. They either invite you in or chase you out.

isandian

Registered

My son spotted it a few months ago, and it was not for sale as far as he could ascertain. It's too far north to retrieve, anyway! Ian

Tim B

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/06/2019

Looks like a Rider Ericsson hot air engine to me. I would love to have it.

Onan Dan

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/28/2020
Now i know what it is how does it work and for what purpose? Here in my part of the world i have never seen one of these before:)

Scotty 2

Registered
but mighty heavy and 2-3000Km from anywhere.
North, South, East or West of anywhere? East is probably out as that's nearly NZ territory.
Yep, stuff is still out there. You just have to drive, look and ask. Ask everyone's old mate-Rob.......

Cheers Scott

---------- Post added at 08:21:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18:33 AM ----------

Now i know what it is how does it work and for what purpose?
It's an engine. You fill it with water, light a fire in one side and away she goes. They are simply amasing to watch when they're running