• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

A very old USB charger.

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
Thanks for the laugh! That's cute! Whoever came up with that one knew people like us quite well...
That's me. I bought a USB charger intended for auto or marine use on Ebay and installed it in the floor outlet and mounted the floor outlet on a brass base with some felt on the bottom.

BTW These outlets (The AC version) are on ebay almost continuously.

DustyBar

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/14/2020
I can't quite place the time period for this device. Its after the abacus and the mechanical turk. Yeah it must be for the analog computer as someone said.

Thaumaturge

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Just a name for those obsessed with categorising everything. Don't let it bother you.
Doc

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
Just a name for those obsessed with categorising everything. Don't let it bother you.
Doc
Thanks. Actualy I learned to dislike that term because the things I collect show up on eBay with steam punk in front of it and a huge price.

Graycenphil

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/16/2012
It is very nice. Put that on eBay with "steampunk" in front of it, and you might be able to sell it for a huge price.

It is very nice. Put that on eBay with "steampunk" in front of it, and you might be able to sell it for a huge price.
Actually, that's a heck of an idea! Somewhere out there is an individual who will pay just about any price for such a novelty.......:D

Do it Frank, and then let us know when you become rich!

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
Actually, that's a heck of an idea! Somewhere out there is an individual who will pay just about any price for such a novelty.......:D

Do it Frank, and then let us know when you become rich!
\

I had most of the stuff lying around so I didn't know the total, but I added it all together and it would cost $50 + labor to make it. I don't think I could retail it, but if anyone wants a list I can provide one.

The hard parts are the base, (It could be made from wood.) and a 3D printed part for the back of the USB Jack.

BTW The jack needs to be dissembled and the connector lugs removed.
BBTW A healthy power supply is needed. At least 6 volt 4 amp.