• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

AC LM 46-B Still on Evilbay!

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017
It's baaaack!:eek: Re-listed for the umpteenth time, same old price - $99,00. This guy just does not get the hint - it simply isn't worth that much, even if the packaging was pristine, which this one isn't. But if you really want one :rolleyes:

John Newman Jr.

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/23/2019
Re: AC LM 46-B still on evilbay!

DalGal:
Vintage (NLA) sparkplug with neon lamp in the insulator. Pretty hard to find in any condition. Not available through Amazon, Alibaba or other conventional sources.
I have one in the original packaging that IS pristine!

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017

I have 4 different blister packs. one red and white, one white and red, a blue, and a green. The green seems to be the most rare. All are in pristine condition - as they came out of the factory. I also have a red commercial pack, full (8 plugs). All mine are in perfect condition, all original packaging. I have been collecting them for years, and never paid more than $35 for one. I also have about 10 of them in a display case. 8 of them work, 2 are burned out. The ones in my display, I bought as single plugs, no packages. The ones without packaging, $25 or less each. All the ones in my display are unused in mowers. I have a K&W model T coil hooked up to the 8 working plugs in series to display how they lite up. A 6 volt 4 amp emergency light battery supplies power. I also have one on display as a cut away.

Yes, the AC LM 46-B plugs are sorta rare, but AC made them for 4 years, and they made a lot of them. It looks like the one on EBay has been out in the sun a while, the plastic bubble is all broken up, and is discolored. Originally they (the blister) are crystal clear. Being that the plug is out of the package, you take a chance on wether it works or not. There was a safety built into the plug, that should the bulb fail, the plug would still fire, so 'it works' may not nescessarily mean that it lights brightly. Just saying, not worth $99 in my book, it's just not that good. BUT if you want one badly enough - there it is!

John, what color is your blister pack?

dalmatiangirl61

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019

DalGal:
Vintage (NLA) sparkplug with neon lamp in the insulator. Pretty hard to find in any condition. Not available through Amazon, Alibaba or other conventional sources.
I have one in the original packaging that IS pristine!
And it is the only one for sale on ebay, maybe it should be priced higher:brows:. I am too pragmatic to spend that money on an old sparkplug, but $100 is not that much money in todays world. People spend almost that much on old used half full cans of Krylon paint, would not surprise me at all if someone buys it, or it just continues to sit there:shrug:

John Newman Jr.

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/23/2019

Well, it seems my memory isn't as great as I once thought. And neither is the packaging on my plug, but it is still in better shape than the one on ebay...

Attachments

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017
OMG!!! The guy on evilbay dropped his price by $4.00 :eek: It's now only $95 :rant: This after only a year and 3/4s time @$99 (listed 12/17) WOW! :D At this rate, it may be worth it in what - 30 years or so??? :crazy:

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017
$50 not too far out of line, wish I would have seen it. The one in the green busted pack is now down to $94. There are now 2 others, one in a red blister pack, for $86, and a stand alone plug with a wrong box for $86. They are coming out of the woodwork!:D