• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Acadia Air Cooled 2 HP - United

MiqC2001

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/11/2019
Hi,

This engine have 2 nameplate one United and one Acadia. The engine look earlier... the arm of piston is in brass

My question: The Flywheel has a groove... does it original ?

Thanks for your help !

Charles

Attachments

Denis Rouleau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
The groove in the flywheel is factory made. Seems like you are missing the cooling fan assembly on your engine. See attached picture.
Denis Rouleau

Attachments

Rich Mueller Sr

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Hope you post a picture of the entire engine someday, these are neat, this box of wires couldn't pick out the Type United tag and number , or I am going blind. lol, United sold engines to Accadia and they retagged it again, which the Type A was made by Associated, and, then Accadia kind of reverse engineered the mold a little later on when Associated folded up is what I have read, and made up to 1964? or later. A Associated fan will work , BUT , you have to put a little spacer and a longer bolt in, so the fan blade rim will clear the engine base, at least on the 13/4 hp I have, the United,s didn't have the groove put in the wheels and the whole wheel looks to be cast a little different to than a United, probably done by Accadia, they used these a LOT on lobster trap winches on boats , I have read also.. These are nice runner, s !!