• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Acme engine at auction

Bob Willman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/16/2020
My brother-in-law is having an auction April 25 near Gibsonburg, Ohio. On the auction will be a 16hp Acme Sucker Rod engine - predecessor to the S. M. Jones Company in Toledo, Ohio - serial number 541. It is still in the power building and was last run about 1990 to pump oil. The cylinder/piston was lubricated and the connecting rod disconnected while the flywheels were belted to a modern engine for a period of time. All Parts should be there.

The sale bill will be listed at: www.wcnet.org/~kbradley but the auction is not listed yet.

Zach Williams

Registered
I was there, it was cold wet and windy. I think it went a little high considering the condition but somebody wanted it awfully bad.

Jon Rozevink

Engine Buyer
Last Subscription Date
02/10/2020
I bought it. It went high because of the condition. The family had all the parts.. If you guys know of a Jones or Acme in any better original condition let me know. I don't know of many or any.. When you can buy an engine and take it out of its original location that's always something special also. I'll post pictures and video's of the extraction when that happens.

Jon Rozevink

Engine Buyer
Last Subscription Date
02/10/2020
I went to look at the Acme engine yesterday and took a few pictures. I had a friend of mine bid on it for me as I was out of town the day of the sale. All the small parts are on the back seat of my truck

Attachments

Jon Rozevink

Engine Buyer
Last Subscription Date
02/10/2020
I got the old Acme engine out of the woods today or yesterday I guess. Here are a few pictures. I will add more later.

Attachments