• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Advanced Searching on SMOKSTAK Forums

Harry

Administrator
Staff member
Did you know that you can search for members in your city, state or country?

1) Click Members List in the menu bar above.

2) On the line that says: SmokStak Antique Engine Bulletin Board: Members List, click Search Members and then click Advanced Search.

Don't forget - CLICK ADVANCED SEARCH

3) In the Location field, enter a name of a city or state or country.

This will result in a listing of members that have entered that name in their location field.

Please take a minute and check your control panel (UserCP)(SETTINGS) and click Edit Profile. Make sure that you have your location entered in the form: Sarasota, Florida USA (Spelling out the state rather than abbreviating.) Do not enter your street address or zip code.

We don't require a biography, interests or occupation, but it would be nice to know a bit more about the folks we chat with or exchange messages with here on the board.

Once you have made changes, click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.

Harry

Administrator
Staff member
You might want to bookmark one or more of these links. "Right Click" on the link, get "Properties", copy the link and place it into your web browser's bookmarks...

Antique Engines:

Steam and Old Iron:

Shop Talk:

Generators and Motors:

General Discussion:

At the bottom of each page you can now find a search window to simultaneously search Old-engine.com Smokstak.com (forum calendar gallery) and Enginads,com classifieds!

Give it a try with your favorite key words!

rust rescue

Registered
I'm having trouble searching the forums under the new format. When I search for info on a John Deere D tractor it drops out the D saying its too common and I get a variety of unrelated search results. I have been resorting to using outside search engines which gives me links to specific posts on the sight. I know there are countless posts and a world of info on the forums but I am having little luck finding it. What am I doing wrong?