• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Aermotor - Model - Fluted Hopper look-alike

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
As I was browsing the junk boxes at the local “FLEA” market today I saw a “FLUTED” container looking back at me :yikes: and said I need that, and for a $1.00 it was mine. When I got home I compared it to my 2 1/2HP Fluted hopper Aermotor. It has the same look :uhoh: , the same number of flutes :) (12), it's made of heavy gauge sheet metal, 7" across the top and about 5" high. Now, all I need is a water cooled fluted hopper model Aermotor or something similar to put it on :brows: . The hunt is on for the rest of this elusive item. Has anyone seen or know of one :confused: .
If it casts a shadow, it can be made :shrug: .

Attachments

JohnMN

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
That looks like a Christmas tree stand (minus the legs) we had back in the '60s. Does it have a spike sticking up in the bottom?
John

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
John: You are right :) . Its a vintage Christmas tree stand part. Spike is gone, but we need to repurpose what we can, and for a $1.00 :shrug: .

Lester Bowman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
Yes..I can see that working. Need to close up the top a bit but that is easily done. Now to find the rest of the little piece's :) Anybody sell Scale Aermotor water cooled engine castings ? Just what you need Paul... another project !

chrsbrbnk

Registered
I had been trying to envision how to from up one of these for an aermotor model a couple years back thats awesome!