• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

AH47 Ignition Parts Needed

Looking for a coil for a power products AH47 gas engine. Possibly points & condenser as well. If anyone knows where I might find parts I would appreciate any help. I can be reached at 306-720-0129 (Saskatchewan). Thanks

K-Tron

Registered
Re: AH47 ignition parts needed

There should be a small tag (about the size of a quarter) attached to one of the four bolts which secure the cylinder to the crankcase. There will be a number stamped into it. Post that number. I can give you the part number of the coil, points & condenser if the spec number from that tag is posted. I wish Power Products listed parts based on model number, but that is not the case. If your engine has a long stamped aluminum tag riveted to the blower shroud, the spec number could also be there.

Chris

The tag reads: T-1042 I

---------- Post added at 08:04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03:09 PM ----------

It's a Phelon

K-Tron

Registered

T-1042 is definitely AH-47, Power Products unfortunately lists the "magneto" as one assembly which includes the ignition housing, coil, coil laminations, points and condenser. My book lists seven different Phelon ignitions for this engine. 610453, 610366, 610555, 610552, 610454, 610545, 610597. I do not know how to identify which your particular engine uses. Can you post a picture of what you have.

Chris

gdstew

Registered

For a T-1042I engine, I came up with ignition assy 610493. Unfortunately, I misplaced the ignition/carb section book that shows the breakdown for that assy. I'll keep looking.

If your points and condenser are Phelon, there should be a "FG" number stamped in them. If you can find a "F" number on the plate that everything bolts to, I can look up that info in my Phelon book.

Some of our manuals were close to 60 years old, selling the building and moving everything out has made quite a mess of things.

Maybe these pictures will help. If you recognize the parts and have them (coil,points,condenser), please e-mail me a price, shipped to Calgary, AB. T2M 1R6. Thanks

---------- Post added at 04:07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04:59 AM ----------

https://imgur.com/GTspE4p
https://imgur.com/Kg4Dpmo
https://imgur.com/lzCXQUF
https://imgur.com/oB7NL2J

---------- Post added at 04:09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07:50 AM ----------

Number stamped on it is F-2120

---------- Post added at 04:17:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09:16 AM ----------

I know it's been a while ( had a very busy winter) but hopefully the pictures worked. Can't remember who called me about the parts, my phone lost everything.
If anyone has the parts, I would appreciate an e-mail containing your phone number to dansclassicsandcustoms@hotmail.com

Junkologist

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2019

Are you sure the coil is bad? Did you clean and dress the points? If not, get a diamond file and dress the points down if they have pits or excessive wear. I have gotten hundreds of small engines running over the last 40 years and can count on one hand the sets of points I have actually replaced and would probably still have three fingers left. :) Once in a while the tungsten face will come off and that’s when I replace them.

gdstew

Registered

per my Phelon book----

coil is FG2180 or FG2180B Tec/Power Products 610371

cond FG2176 610370

Points FG2197 or FG2197B 610378

Yep, 100% sure the coil is bad. Got a weak spark & zapped myself a couple times, it's just not putting out enough to jump the plug gap. Threw a test light on the plug wire after cleaning points and connections and it blinks really dim. Got the new coil ordered today. I'll post an update after I get it installed. I would be completely SOL if it weren't for this forum, the local small engine shops are useless but you guys are awesome! Thank you!

jedimast5

Registered

any luck in finding the parts. i just had my ah58 by Bobby Muha in Miss. he is a power products expert.

OK, so I ordered the coil Phelon FG2180 and it doesn't fit. The square center hole is too small it only measures 3/8" x 3/8" and my original has a larger hole 15/32" x 15/32" . Any other part number that I might be able to try before this engine becomes a paperweight or doorstop?

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/07/2018
I regularly search “P&D” ignition products on EBay, along with Echlin and Niehoff, etc. Amazing what you can find. For the price of a couple of parts boxes you can sometimes buy the entire kit or cabinet with the stock inside.

pistelpete

Registered
How are your magnets on the flywheel sounds like they need to be magnetized can they hold a medium sized screwdriver up