• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Air compressor identifation

Sawmill7

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/25/2019
Could you get a pic of model number so I can order some parts..also how many h.p. motor running it. Thanks alot Bill

Sawmill7

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/25/2019
Yes it is ,4 cylinder but information I found says it is single stage. I am still looking for a electric motor to put on it. Building it for my son.

Turbo-T

Registered
Yes it is ,4 cylinder but information I found says it is single stage. I am still looking for a electric motor to put on it. Building it for my son.
That compressor came off of a Speedaire 3JR76 unit that is sold by Grainger. If you can find an air compressor repair shop they should be able to help you. The motor on my compressor says SPCL where the HP should be. I can tell you that it's rated 230volt, 21AMP single phase and 3450RPM. Hope this helps.

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
“SPCL” dates from the false advertising era. But 21 amp and 230 volt is going to be a 5 hp motor.

Electric motors have considerable overload capacity above their continuous rating, dishonest manufacturers were slapping that useless and totally irrelevant figure on the sides of their air compressors and vacuum cleaners, then hiding it on the motor nameplate with SPCL.

Keith