• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Air filter hose reconditioning

MBB

Registered
Heres another tip I discovered sort of by accsident. I was cleaning my parts ater taking things apart and decided to clean the rubber air cleaner parts that were painted but crinkled and looked bad. I sprayed brake cleaner on them and rubbed them while they were wet. The paint came off and it polished them as it dried. They look like new. I didnt where gloves. I will next time. Brake cleaner works great to clean things but is hard on plastic and rubber. I had my cordless drill next to it when I was spraying parts and it melted the battery case. However it did clean the block and removes unwanted paint. (Dont put it where you dont want paint removed.) Dont take a chance around the windings.
Mike