• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Alamo Blue Line - 2hp.

Denis Rouleau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
I recently bought an Alamo Blue Line 2 hp ser#82887 has 2bar Webster 4 1/8th bore flywheels 1 3/4 x 20 my question is when I go to the Alamo registry at that ser # there is no 2hp goes from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 this engine looks exactly like a 2 1/2 tag # matches block stamped # so that is correct early 2 1/2 ? if so do I have the only one puzzled ? any input helpful I am new so trying to figure out how to post pictures.
Here are pictures of F12's nice, complete and original Alamo engine. Don't worry about the hp indicated on the tag. There are plenty of other 2hp's on the registry. I find that Alamo and their selling agents were very liberal with the engines ratings on the tag. I've seen identical engines rated at 6, 6-1/2 or 7 horsepower. Obviously not a 1-1/2hp but more like the 2-1/2.

Denis Rouleau

Attachments

F12

Registered
thanks for the help Engine starts and runs great after a little tweeking and recharge of magnets

---------- Post added at 06:06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04:51 PM ----------

what is the easiest way into your Alamo registry think mine is a 1922

BV071747

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/30/2019
My list shows it to be a 1921. The oiler comes out thru the tank so it would be a 2 1/2. Alamo made a very good engine.

F12

Registered
thanks again learning how to navigate on Stak still trying to figure out how to post pics

---------- Post added at 07:01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00:22 AM ----------

do you have a different list this engine is stamped as a 2 hp ?

---------- Post added at 07:05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01:49 AM ----------

I noticed some people are registered and some are subscribed whats the difference ?

WildPig

Registered
2 HP and 2 1/2 HP engines both existed and were alike except for a small amount of stroke.

WILDPIG

Last edited:

Kevin O. Pulver

Email NOT Working
Last Subscription Date
02/14/2020
[/COLOR]I noticed some people are registered and some are subscribed whats the difference ?[/QUOTE]

Go to the Blue Bar menu at the top of this page or any page and read the FAQ I believe the subscribers pay a little annually to help maintain this site.