• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Alamo tray cooled

Jeff P Smith

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
Any idea of the years the 5hp was offered with the 3 ball verticle governor. I am completing the purchase of one and would like to find more info on these engines. It does not have a tag, is there a serial number located on the engine somewhere? Thanks for any help or info, it will be appreciated

Tanner Remillard

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/05/2020
I know where the guts of a 5 h.p. Alamo like you speak of is close to home, but the old fella doesn't want to sell it. I think he was 92 or 93 years old last time I looked at it. All that's there is the flywheels, cylinder, crankcase and crank. He told me years ago the department of ecology was doing a project with the river that runs through his property and they hooked the engine with an excavator where they were digging, it was completely burried and had no idea it was even there. They put it off to the side and there it sits, not for sale. Have to admire the old boy for being in his 90's and not wanting to sell something that he didn't even know he had. :D

Craig A

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2015
^ Yeah...….he's probably going to fix it...….. :headbang:

Tanner Remillard

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/05/2020
^ Yeah...….he's probably going to fix it...…..
Last time I was told that a guy that lived the next canyon over from me had a 4 h.p. vertical Stover on a cast iron base with a pump jack (ive NEVER seen another setup like it) he was "going to restore" and ended up scrapping it a few years later because it was missing the piston and rod.....:mad::shout::headbang::rant::kick::boxing: