• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Alexander, New York Steam Show, Aerial Pix

DaveMisch

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/05/2019
About 1 PM Friday September 7th, 2012 we had an airplane take several pictures of our grounds. www.alexandersteamshow.com
1. SSW,big barn bottom left, storage no display. Gillate Rd. Red roof, oil well equip. Right forground, spectator parking, sawmill right center.
2. Due S Walker entrance rd on right, Tram Turn Around, Construvtion Equipment Play ground in center.
3. Due S Empty Pulling Track, Big Restaurant at top, Big engine below, red barn is models and club store.
4. SE Close up of Play Ground for heavy equipment, sawmill, stationary steam bldg has multi colored roof.

Attachments

Last edited:

FarmallBob

Registered
Re: Alexander, NY Steam Show, Aerial Pix

Cool photo perspective Dave! I can just make out my Super M parked on the hillside in the last image; also my truck/trailer parked in the field north of the threshing machines.

...FB

DaveMisch

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/05/2019

Here are a few more of the aerial pictures
1. Looking ENE. We are in farm country. There must be 20 to 30 tractors that are driven to the show for display.
2. NNW, Gillate rd on the right (US 20 is less than a mile to the South. Walker Rd is across top of picture. Pullers and vendors enter from Gillate Rd, near pulling track. Spectators enter from Walker Rd. Our Walker Entrance Rd is 30 ft wide and 1000 ft long and WE BUILT IT.
3. NNW Closer shot from same direction.
4. NNE Same stuff from a different angle.

Attachments

Last edited:

DaveMisch

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/05/2019

here are a few more aerial pictures.
1. ENE Shows entire club grounds. Gillate Rd across lower right corner. Field at bottom used to be our parking lot. Not big enough and police did not like all the pedestrians crossing the road. Parking now in rear field. A Consignment Auction was held Thur in the trampled area.
2. SE Original area the club owned. I don't know when the track came in. Before my time.
3. SE Our Club House is brown roof on left near Gillate Rd. This is heated. We hold our monthly meetings here all winter. For our Christmas party we can seat 100 comfortably. Most of the bleachers came from schools and colleges. They have wood decks and seats on steal frames. The very white section is new this year, Steal frame, aluminum decks and seats, $10,000. Scrap metal paid for this.
4. SW Restaurant is large building at top. Kitchen in center, inclosed dining to right, open air under roof on left for breakfast and short order dining. Next biggest, being expanded is our large engine bldg. 3 cylinder Fairbank Morse (Nunda Engine) is here. Next bldg houses our generator.

Attachments

Last edited:

joelr4

Registered

Thanks Dave,
I can see my camper & tent. I'm glad they took the photos Friday before the rains on Saturday turned the grounds into a mudhole. I had to build a plank road to get my camper out to the road. It was a real mess.

Joel

DaveMisch

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/05/2019

Here is one more picture that gives the best view of our club house. It really doesn't have much of a roll during the Rally. The property to the right was acquired by the Club this past year. This put us back in debt that was almost paid off. We felt that the wrong people in that property could really cause us grief in the future. So we are controling our own destiny.

Dave Mischler:wave::wave:

Attachments

95gts

Registered

I always wanted to make this show. When is it next year?

DaveMisch

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/05/2019

you're in Buffalo and you've never been to our show? We are always the weekend after Labor Day. Thursday through Sunday, so next year will be September 5 - 8, 2013. We have members from Buffalo, Tonawanda, and I am from Williamsville.

Dave Mischler:wave:

95gts

Registered

No I have always wanted to go, but never made it. We mark it on our calenders next year!

DaveMisch

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/05/2019
Had our member meeting on Sunday, Oct 21. Talked to our president about the original land the club owned. The third picture in the first post shows it quite well. The road in the forground was the Northern boundry of the original Club Grounds.

Dave Mischler:wave:

DaveMisch

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/05/2019
This year's Rally is Sep 8 - 11, 2016. These aerial pictures are 4 years old. We have made several changes on the grounds since then. Our web site has been improved a lot lately. Please check it out

www.alexandersteamshow.com

Dave Mischler

DaveMisch

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/05/2019
This year's Rally is Sept 7 through 10, 2017. This will be our 51st Rally. We have a new bathroom and shower building that is right near the center of the first three pictures. This is a $45,000 investment. We have a new club store building as well. After these projects were contracted for we had a wind storm in March which took the roof off of our saw mill building. This was an old building that we moved on to our grounds 20 years ago. The wood was so deteriorated that we decided replacement from the ground up was needed. All these projects are being contracted out because we don't have enough active members that are young enough to do construction work .

Check out our web site www.alexandersteamshow.com

Dave Mischler