• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Allen Adjustable Spark Tester Wanted Dead or Alive!

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/07/2018
The Weidenhoff version was for sale not too long ago on EBay. Do you have to have Allen?

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Yeah, I know more. While I’m terrible with names, I have chatted numerous times with him regarding old ignition systems like magnetos and the like. He’s helped me out a great deal with mine. A genuinely friendly and helpful guy. Whenever I need to have a mag rebuilt, I’ll certainly look into sending it to his shop.

Keith

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/07/2018
When I see someone send a seemingly urgent post and then not respond to replies for days it makes me wonder about motive.
Surely, you folks have been “run around” by the less-than-deserving, before?
On the old IHC website posters would have me running around at all hours searching for parts or information only to either just fade away or then tell me they were going in a different direction with the build.
Maybe my 45 years in customer service has burned me out? I’m suspicious, now.

cobbadog

Registered
I know what you mean, I call that sort "tyre kickers" and give them a wide birth, but I dont start off thinking the worse but it can get that way quick when I see the triggers. I too work with the general public and generally find them to be great. In 24 years of being in business for myself I have only had issues with about 6 people who have been etched into my memory banks and when they have made contact again at a much later time I am just way too busy to take it on. I would rather watch the tide rise n fall than go through all their b/s again.
So urgent doesn't work for me unless its dinner time then Im gone. Plus to see what people have contributed to the forum as well as you dont want to supply rare parts to a bludger and not see or hear from them again. So hopefully the parts he is looking for do come up for sale and at the market value so if he is genuine he will buy them.