• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Allis 15-25 in TOMM

David Parfitt

Registered
I see there is an Allis-Chalmers 15-25 tractor advertised for sale in the current issue of TOMM. Just wondering if anyone knows how many of this model came to Australia originally, and how many still survive? It's a very rare model even in North America. I'd previously only heard of a very rough one in Western Australia, but the one advertised is in Victoria.

Many thanks

David

Wayne Timms

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/24/2019
Hi David,

I know very little about tractors so can't help with your question.

But I read in Old Glory last month of a scam where someone sold tractors to England from New Zealand and apparently the tractors had 'fake' export permits, and were not actually even owned by the seller.

Regards,

Wayne

www.bluefuel-whitesmoke.com

Eric Schulz

Registered
Last Subscription Date
09/02/2009
The 15-25 is very rare in Australia. I know of the one for sale, but haven't seen it. The owner has parts of another one, plus there is a pair of rear wheels on a farm not all that far from here. I have never seen one at a rally.

Eric