• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Alyn Foundry Gardner? engine help please

Kelshay

Registered
Ok, so im here trying to find out some information on a small engine my dad has. He is wanting to sell it but has no idea what to list it as or what to ask for it. He knows it isnt complete but doesn't know to what extent. We have found some that look similar online but we are finding it difficult to figure exactly what is what. If I post some pictures would anyone be able to tell us what he has please?

It looks very similar to this http://www.stationroadsteam.co.uk/stock pages/3692/index.htm

I do have photos of the actual one he has but need to figure how to post them up.

Kelshay

Registered
Would you have any idea of what sort of price to be selling this for? Just a roundabout figure so we can have a good starting point at all? Ive been searching and can find nothing about it :confused:

JasonB

Registered
The castings are available from Anson Engine Museum but they don't have them on their website anymore. From memory I think the casting set was in the region of £4-500. Part made models don't tend to fetch as much as a set of castings as you are taking pot luck with how good the machining to date is, a running engine would fetch more than the casting set.

Does your dad have the drawings as if they are missing you won't be able to charge as much.

As quite a bit has already been done you will also have a limited market. There are those like me that like to make the models so this will have limited appeal to us but there are also collectors who like to have finished engines or those that just need the smaller bits finished off.

J

Kelshay

Registered
Ok, thank you ever so much for your help. He doesn't have any drawings as far as I know, its just what is in the pictures. Will probably end up listing it on ebay at a low start price that hes ok to let it go for and see what happens. Thank you again :)