• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Am I a lucky man or what???

Tim Claremont

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/15/2012
The ad in the paper described an auction with lots of antique stationary engines. The wife asks if we should go. Dumbfounded by her enthusiasm, I said "Sure, what the heck".

Tuesday, the day of the auction, I get hung up at work and can't make it. The wife calls and says "Well, I can go by myself". Dumbfounded by her enthusiasm, I said "Sure, what the heck".

Once at the auction, she calls just before each engine comes up for bid. She says things like "This one has the mag and oiler, and the flywheels are free". Dumbfounded by her enthusiasm, I say things like "It is probably gonna go for $xxx." She replies at the fall of the hammer that things are going cheap. Oh well, such is my luck.

A few minutes ago, she calls and informs me that WE are the owners of three more engines, at REALLY good prices, and I need to clear some space in the garage because they will be arriving in the next hour.

And before you go speculating, I *did* see pictures of the engines on the auctioneer's web site before the auction, and told her which ones I was interested in!

I will let you know the outcome when *our* new engines get here!

Foos Jr

Registered
Last Subscription Date
09/02/2013
Lucky guy, can you find a girl like that? With lots of money, that would be helpful!!!! HA HA

B. K. Lahey

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/03/2012
You are a very lucky man Tim, mine would come home with flowers or a rug or some other completly usless thing, as Bill said dont forget the pictures, see you, "Lucky Tim"
BK

tim im in need of adoption.mabey as good hearted as see is.see might help put some in my shop. you got a great one .hang on to her .good lock with them. donniesr.

S

Sky

LUCKY DUCKY!! LUCKY DUCKY!! :j: how come im never lucky and find a model P or a F ??

Tim Claremont

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/15/2012
Well, the engines are not coming home tonight. They are on a friends truck and will be delivered tomorrow.

After the 10 percent buyer's stealium and the sales tax that has already been paid at one time, the prices she paid were not 'steals', but the effort she put into this made for a pretty special!

Tim Claremont

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/15/2012
Here is the first one. This picture is from the auction listing. I have not seen the engine in person yet:

And here is the second one:

Can you tell me what models / approximate years they are? (The first is 1.5 HP and the second is 3 hp)

The second one was listed as an Economy, but could very well be a Herc or derivative, of course.

K D Redd

In Memory Of
If you DO NOT treat this woman to a NICE dinner, serveral new dresses if she is not a jeans girl, and a spa treament then sir you are a CAD.

Kent

Rick I

Registered
...Once at the auction, she calls just before each engine comes up for bid. She says things like "This one has the mag and oiler, and the flywheels are free".
HA!! I was there and passed by a woman doing that; it must've been her! (I was the guy with the camera.) Nice engines that you wound up with!
---
I was surprised at how cheaply one could buy a parts engine. Wow, lose a couple important parts like head or piston and the value drops to 25 bucks! :) For some of them, they sold cheaper than the steel scrap value.

-R

Tommy Stojanov

Registered
Last Subscription Date
06/25/2015
Hi Tim,
I wondered who the lady was bidding on those engines. However, nothing followed me home from the auction, though I did pick up an early 2 cycle inboard marine engine last night on the way home.

Jeff Smith

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/05/2018
Does she host dinner parties to teach proper engine etiquette to other ladies? What is the fee if so?

Thank you,

Jeff Smith

Ratman

Registered
Lucky, lucky man.....
By the way, did anyone happen to record the "sold" prices for the engines? I'm always curious to see what engines sell for in different parts of the country.
Ratman

F

Franz

Hi Tim,
I wondered who the lady was bidding on those engines. QUOTE]

Tommy, did you happen to notice if she was driving Tim's new RED pickup? I have a hunch she will be driving it from now on, and Tim will be driving the clunker.

Tim, we both know this is going to COST you BIG.