American Flag

Jim Cobb

I feel the same way as most of you did every time I see a Jap car on the american road , if you have one I place you with him.
Jim Cobb USAF( I rember Pearl Harbor.)

theshortcut

I feel the same way as most of you did every time I see a Jap car on the american road , if you have one I place you with him.
what kills me even more is a Jap car with WWII veteran or puple heart license plates. what are they thinking?

Power

what kills me even more is a Jap car with WWII veteran or puple heart license plates. what are they thinking?
I do not know what they are thinking, but let's not forget the main cause of WWII - GERMANY. And Italy, and Russia who flip flopped.
Below is a list from Wikepedia of Axis members:
Participating nations 3.1 Germany
3.2 Japan
3.3 Italy
3.4 Hungary
3.5 Romania
3.6 Bulgaria
3.7 Yugoslavia
3.8 Co-belligerents 3.8.1 Thailand
3.8.2 Finland
3.8.3 San Marino
3.8.4 Iraq

3.9 Japanese puppet states 3.9.1 Manchukuo (Manchuria)
3.9.2 Mengjiang (Inner Mongolia)
3.9.3 Reorganized National Government of China
3.9.4 Philippines (Second Republic)
3.9.5 India (Provisional Government of Free India)
3.9.6 Vietnam (Empire of Vietnam)
3.9.7 Cambodia
3.9.8 Laos
3.9.9 Burma (Ba Maw regime)
3.9.10 Montenegro
3.9.11 Albania
3.9.12 Monaco

3.10 German puppet regimes 3.10.1 Slovakia (Tiso regime)
3.10.2 Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia
3.10.3 Government of National Salvation
3.10.4 Italy (Italian Social Republic)
3.10.5 Albania (under German control)
3.10.6 Hungary (Szálasi regime)
3.10.7 Norway (Quisling regime)
3.10.8 Macedonia
3.10.9 Belarus
3.10.10 Province of Ljubljana

3.11 Joint German-Italian puppet states 3.11.1 Independent State of Croatia
3.11.2 Greece

3.12 Axis collaborator states 3.12.1 France (Vichy regime)

3.13 Controversial cases 3.13.1 Argentina
3.13.2 Denmark
3.13.3 Soviet Union
3.13.4 Spain
3.13.5 Sweden

HoMade

Well, his response that essentially he can do whatever he wants is about what I would expect these days. Everyone thinks they can make their own rules. If I claim it shows "honor", it shows honor to me and you can't criticize me. Baloney.

Despite the lack of standards in the 21st Century, plenty of us still maintain that there are, in fact, standards of decency.

As for the U.S. Flag Code, it regulates display and treatment of the U.S. Flag, but violating it is not criminal. Some pertinent sections:

Title 4, United States Code, Section 8:

(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever....

I appreciate anyone's service and sacrifice, but that does not give anyone the "right" to treat the flag disrespectfully.

Jim "HoMade" Hough- Attorney, Law Professor, U.S. Army vet.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Maybe they're thinking: "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

It's been a long, long time.

Power

All I can say, is glad he does not live near me. As Homade pointed out - e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

Motormowers

Subscriber
Prob that life is too short to carry that much hate with you to your grave.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

All I can say, is glad he does not live near me. As Homade pointed out - e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
The flag NEVER. Elected officials? MOST DEFFINATLY. :D

theshortcut

I'm not saying hate the citizens of Japan, I'm saying for a group of people who quite literally put their life on the line for this country and our way of life it surprizes me that they would buy anything not made in USA if they didn't have too especially a major purchase like a car.

20minnie

Well I find myself offended by this also. Its is one thing to use his service as an excuse, but then why use the flag to sell things. I was shocked at how much attention was placed on the wadrobe malfunction durning a Super Bowl, but some guy performs wearing the Flag like a Poncho!

He could be charged. I think you just boycott him. This still is America where you can express yourself but that does not make you correct!

Emmo213

While I kinda understand your sentiment I don't know if it really has a place in this global economy.

For example which car here is one you would approve? My Japanese Mazda built in Michigan with union labor when Ford had a controlling interest Mazda? Or my parents Ford, built in Mexico?

Alexbpeterson

Subscriber
What a bad idea to put your items on your royal Country's flag! He probably was drinking Beer and thought it was fine to put his items on the flag. That was a bad choice, I wonder if he knows that it is kinda''illegal" to post pictures like that? and I'm sure the flag was on the ground also so BURN the flag? I know it's a shame to have seen a flag burn and it's sad and very loyal. So, we shall never do this guys, oK?

Motormowers

Subscriber

I'm not saying hate the citizens of Japan, I'm saying for a group of people who quite literally put their life on the line for this country and our way of life it surprizes me that they would buy anything not made in USA if they didn't have too especially a major purchase like a car.

A friend of mine who passed in 1999 was in for most of the duration of WWII. Stationed in the New Zealand, New Guinea, New Caledonia area. He bought a new 1988 Mazda truck. He was still very patriotic to the end. Im very grateful for all our forces did during that time but bear in mind Japan didnt bomb Pearl Harbor for no reason that day. They already had several good reasons but were stupid to think they could kick a huge countrys ass like us. I own a 1984 Mazda truck myself and love its reliablity all these years.

KABAR2

I too hate to see this sort of thing..... but it seems there are a lot of people who don't have a clue... I used to work Dept. of sanitation in a small village in N.Y. we did back yard service collecting the trash from their cans in a green landscapers can and walking it to the truck.... too many times I found American flags thrown out, the worst was an old 48 star that had been used in the guys garage it was coved in dirty grease and smelled of gasoline... If I told him what I thought I would have lost my job.... like the rest I put them under the seat of the truck and took it home, once a year I would take the collection to the local VFW for proper respectful disposal......

To All My Fellow Patriots on site. As much as I am sickened by such a Unpatriotic use of our Beloved Old Glory. it is unfortunately each and everyone's right to do so! I agree with all of you in that it is a Terrible way to use our Symbol of Freedom! Being the son of a WWII veteran that served in North Africa ,Sicily Normandy Bastonge and the Bulge and had 139 pieces of metal in him,some of which we buried with him, I am not sympathetic to his views! GOD BLESS AMERICA AND OUR TROOPS!!!!!

30Advance

Let us Never Forget!!

First photo is two boys in Guam.
The next 3 are, or should be Obvious.
God Bless them all. My Great Uncle John Maruska Jr. was sent to Pearl shortly after the attack. All he says, as he shakes his head, and a tear fills his eye, is.... that it was a Mess!!!!!

You can see a Zero in pic. #4.

Dave

Attachments

oldproff

I want to thank all of you for your attitude and support of veterns. I always try to buy USA made. Sometimes it is impossible as some things are no longer made in the USA. When I can I will do with out. I will try to find from some other country to avoid china or japan. Trying to buy vicegrip plyers, all I could find were made in china including the vice grip brand. I did without until I found 2 pair of USA made on a flea market table at the show in Portland IN. I currently drive a toyota truck with a retired army tag on the rear. I also own several larger trucks all american made. I have owned over 100 cars and trucks. Only 3 were jap made. the pickup 1700.00 a camery 500.00, and a pathfinder 600.00. And only then out of necessity. When a vehicle broke down they all I could afford. So do not be to hard on vets who drive jap vehicles. Some times there is a reason. Bill K