• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Anderson Electric Car Company Detroit Michigan

casertractor

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/24/2018
I am looking for information on the Anderson Electric Car Company of Detroit Michigan who produced the Detroit Electric car.The only info i have on the company is that the founder William C. Anderson was a native of Milton Ontario Canada and he was born there in 1853 and lived their until before the turn of the century in 1884 and then moved to Michigan in the states were he started the company.I am looking for pictures of the cars, literature and memorabilia and how many of these electric cars are still around today?

Our town has a walk of fame for locals who have had international success in many area's sports,mfg,entertainment ect... William C. Anderson was also recognized recently

https://www.milton.ca/en/townhall/resources/Milton-Walk-of-Fame-2018.pdf

Bud Tierney

Registered
Re: Anderson Electric Car Company,Detroit Michigan

Just in case you haven't already seen it, Standard Catalog US cars has a nice spread, text and pix, on the Anderson Detroit Electric, listed as 1907 to a surprising 1939...
Additional info and possibly pix might be on the auto-data websites:
classiccardatabase.com
american-automobiles.com come to mind, but Googling should bring up several more to check, if not already researched...

casertractor

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/24/2018
Re: Anderson Electric Car Company,Detroit Michigan

Just in case you haven't already seen it, Standard Catalog US cars has a nice spread, text and pix, on the Anderson Detroit Electric, listed as 1907 to a surprising 1939...
Additional info and possibly pix might be on the auto-data websites:
classiccardatabase.com
american-automobiles.com come to mind, but Googling should bring up several more to check, if not already researched...

Thanks Bud