• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Anderson (Kiwi engine in Oz)

Fred Prichard

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/16/2019
I found that the reversible crank from my 1 3/4HP IHC Mogul fits the Anderson just fine. Rather than shove it all the way down that long crank extension I will make a collar & key like Patrick's engine, that should make it less likely to get hung up.

Attachments

Merv C

Registered
Here is our Anderson that we have just finished sn 3901 1920 2/12 hp
and an 1955 2hp sn 10465

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Merv C

Registered
I wonder if you can date my Anderson & tell me the horsepower? Serial # 4221. Flywheels are 18" x 3 1/2". It came as a pile of pieces & since the pictures has been cleaned up into a nice running engine.
I am interested to know where yours came from?
Merv

Fred Prichard

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/16/2019
It was imported along with a Tangye from NZ some years ago by a friend. Actually, the Anderson was just a space filler & was taken apart to fill in the open spaces in the crate. I liked the belt drive governor & the fact it was built in NZ so it came to TN. A really nice running engine. Fred