• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Another Oil Pull Build

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Getting started on another build this one is going to be a little smaller got the front hubs done this morning,hope maybe to get the front wheels done tomorrow at least I'm getting started a little earlier this year then I did on the last two have a little warmer weather to deal with,I'll keep posting pic's of my progress as I go along,also going to start on a small version of a Big 4 got enough to keep me busy all winter long.

Attachments

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Got the front wheels done except for a few cosmetic things to do need to put the skid rings on, going to try and document this build a little closer as this build is going to be for a couple of kids I know and boy are they going to be surprised.Hope I can keep it a secret till it's time to give it to them going to try and have it done by Christmas so they can have a very Merry Christmas.

Attachments

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Got the hubs for the back wheels started still have to weld them up and modify them a little bit hope to do that tomorrow still need to cut all the spokes but that shouldn't take to long going to slim down the stiffeners that I put in so they don't look so bulky, anyway just a little update.

Attachments

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Sorry I haven't had any updates lately been working a lot of hours at work and haven't had any time to work on this but I did get one of the back wheels put together have to get some more steel so I can finish up the other one then I will start on the front axel and frame.

Attachments

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Not made any posts lately but working on second set of wheels for the second one trying to do two builds at once, will post some pics when I get them done to see what you all think when they are done.

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Got the hubs done for the second one today have to get some more steel and start putting the wheels together had a couple honey do's to finish up that the wife has been asking me to do for the last 6 months :O anyway slow but sure on these 2 projects.Thanks for looking.Wag...............:wave:

Attachments

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Got the skid rings on the front wheels putting cleats on the back got quite few left to cut put a few up for a pic tell me what you guy's think.Thanks Wag........

Attachments

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Here is one of the back wheel's with the lug's on it I think I might be able to get some traction now.

Attachments

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Sorry I haven't made any posts lately I've got the hubs done for the back wheels hope to get those put on the rear end and start getting the frame built this weekend so I can start on the front axel, I'll get some pics posted this weekend.

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Didn't get much done over the weekend got the hubs on and made some brackets to hold the frame rails did a little more work tonight got the frame rails cut.

Attachments

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Walter it came out of a Springfield mower at least that's what the guy I bought it from said.

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Worked on the front axel today great day to be out in the shop except for the leaves blowing around and into the garage,still have to finish it up few more things to do.

Attachments

Dustin D Ehli

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2019
Nice work on another good looking tractor.
All of our stuff is just functional, yours is also attractive

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Dustin doesn't matter weather it looks good or it's functional as long as you have fun doing it , it's always a challenge to come up with new ideas keep up the good work.

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Here is another picture got the front fabbed up the frame isn't cut to length yet wanted to see what the wheel base should be think I need to go a little bit farther ahead with the front wheels,maybe by this weekend.

Attachments

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Thought I would add a few more pictures got some time off from work for Thanksgiving so hope to get a lot more done.I'll post some more pic's again when I get some more done.HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE.WAG..................

Attachments

wagswitte

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/17/2014
Got the tie rod ends done about all I can do on the front now till I get the engine on and figure out where I want the steering gear to go.Hope to make some good progress this weekend.

Attachments