• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Another What Is It

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
You Guys Come up with some interesting stuff! No clue on my end.

DustyBar

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/14/2020
The hook is a lot like a taffy pulling machine has. I can't say it is that however.

ChipTosser

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/20/2016
Its a extra large rubber band winder!! For extra heavy rubber bands.
For an extra large scale rubber band powered model airplanes!!

Nevr-Enuf-Stuf

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
A mop wringer? really? I guess Im just not seeing how that would work, or what the two bottom pivoting brackets would be for.

Patrick

Bob Krummel

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2019
A Google search under "primitive hand mixer" images brought up one pic of our mystery tool. :) It was identified as an "antique primitive hand crank gear mixer whisk kitchen tool" o_O So there you have it...… a positive id.;)

After more than an hour of searching antique mixers, dough mixers, candy, paint, …… and so forth, I'm leaning toward maybe a dough mixer or a mixer for some other type of thick liquid or semi-fluid material.

Patrick, I see some letters in the one pic. What are they?

Last edited:

AussieIron

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
A Google search under "primitive hand mixer" images brought up one pic of our mystery tool. :) It was identified as an "antique primitive hand crank gear mixer whisk kitchen tool" o_O So there you have it...… a positive id.;)

After more than an hour of searching antique mixers, dough mixers, candy, paint, …… and so forth, I'm leaning toward maybe a dough mixer or a mixer for some other type of thick liquid or semi-fluid material.

Patrick, I see some letters in the one pic. What are they?
I would think the "hook" is too short to mix anything? Also what is the function of the wire "foot pedal" . Yes the letters on the casting will be a good help.

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Last Subscription Date
07/29/2019
So basically it is the mop, the long handle and mop material is gone. The mop was attached to that loop hook and when in use it was also looped over the lower floor head. just dip and use, hold over bucket and crank handle to wring out. I recall my grandmother had a similar mop but used worn out laundry socks, instead of the commercial cotton mat. I assume that the mop material replacements were also avilable.