• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Antique Air Compressor (Brunner)

Dan Burkart

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/30/2019
I picked up this antique air compressor unit last week. The tag on the compressor says Parker Air Compressor Made by Brunner Manufacturing Utica, NY. It is run by a Century electric motor. The guy I bought it from said he had article showing the unit running a taffy stretching machine, but could not find the article. Does anyone have any information on this air compressor unit? Send me an email at danburkart@hotmail.com
Dan Burkart

Attachments

ehpower2

Registered
if your planning on running the compressor i would seriously have the tank checked out and make sure relief valve working. I would also look at that braze on the compressor output side as i would not want to run that if the head is cracked. especially if the check is not working properly.

Nranderson

Registered
I also have an old Brunner Compressor. The last patent date on the Brunner Tagged Westinghouse 3/4hp motor is 1919. This is my first post I will try to add some images here. When last running this unit was fully functional. Sounded like a sewing machine! All original. Brass valves are marked Brunner and the valve handles have capital B's cast in them. Any info would be much appreciated. I think this is the hardest thing I have ever tried to research. Have never found much at all......DSCN40.jpg

DSCN4032.JPG

41Briggs

Registered
I have one very similar but it must be alittle later, mine has Brunner Decals on the tank, guage even the motor tag. instead of the Century motor mine has a Westinghouse motor. Does yours have a switch or does it just plug in and run until it trips the relief valve? its a neat little thing for sure. I have been working on putting it back to period correct getting rid of the modern on off switch that was added I found an early motor starter switch that looks right with it and the modern tank valve is next to get replaced

---------- Post added at 07:22:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19:16 AM ----------

I also have an old Brunner Compressor. The last patent date on the Brunner Tagged Westinghouse 3/4hp motor is 1919. This is my first post I will try to add some images here. When last running this unit was fully functional. Sounded like a sewing machine! All original. Brass valves are marked Brunner and the valve handles have capital B's cast in them. Any info would be much appreciated. I think this is the hardest thing I have ever tried to research. Have never found much at all......View attachment 133323

View attachment 133324
You can tell a good quality product when they stamp their name all over it on every part. I have a couple Brunner compressors. I am fairly sure but not positive the company still exists but i think its just making air tanks.

Andy Williams

Registered
i'm glad i saw this thread. i just got one of the smallest size ones this weekend.
just the compressor. all the valves were stuck, full of sawdust and a check ball missing on the relief valve but it looks ok i need the right size pulley. it has one about a 5 inches. looks too small. looks like an 8 or 10 inch would be betteer. it has original paint and it is a blue-gray. anyone know when these were made look to be 1900-1920 vintage