• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Anyone ever seen a smaller post vise?

TomT

Registered
I’ve been looking for one with 3-inch or so wide jaws for my daughter’s setup for a while. She’s uses my 4 and 6 - inch vises but wants one of her own and says that smaller size would match her 80-pound Fisher Anvil. I’ve found plenty that are 4-inch and larger, but haven’t seen a smaller one except in pictures. Just wondering where I need to look for them. Nothing on eBay that size.

Pete Spaco

Registered
Re: Anyone ever seen a smaller post vise ?

Google:
"wagon post vise" and look at the pictures.

I think most of them are 4" wide or so, but they are smaller.

Pete Stanaitis
---------------

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017
I sold one at the Hudson Valley Auction last year. It had 3" jaws, and was very old. The bidders went nuts over it, bidding it up to 450 before the winner walked away with it!