• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Are any of these still around?

Pete Deets

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2020
Gotta wonder if that great prow is also a water storage tank, hence all the rivets...................PD

Sam Shublom

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
07/14/2019
"Fotografia la campesina" is photography of the peasant in Spanish. "S Palombo e Hijos" is S. Palombo and Children, the name of the photography firm. The rest is clipped off and I can't make it out. My guess is it is some sort of self-propelled/portable winch for use around wells or mines.

casertractor

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/24/2018
It could have been used as a self propelled/portable winch for use around ships and or boats?

Sam Shublom

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
07/14/2019
I'm pretty sure it is of English manufacture. Looks like an English style traction engine on top with the steam jacketed cylinder, large manhole plate in the boiler barrel and English pattern wheels. I am guessing the location is in Argentina or some other South American country. The Model T is 1917 or later so it dates to at least then.