• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

Atkinson Cycle Engine value

I acquired a Gingery Atkinson Cycle engine years ago but I think I'm going to part company with it now. The problem is, I haven't got a clue what it's fair value is. Any clues?

I committed it to a solid model about 8 years ago....that's the pic I'm attaching. Most of it is assembled (the guy I bought it from ran it often at shows), but it needs the fuel tank finished, and some other minor things assembled...like lubricator, ignition coil, display box.

Attachments

Scotty 2

Registered
Hello all
I haven't got a clue what it's worth but how does it get the spark to happen? Would have the plans for the ignition side of things?
Cheers Scott

Last edited:
Hello all
I haven't got a clue what it's worth but how does it get the spark to happen? Would have the plans for the ignition side of things?
Cheers Scott
Sorry for the delay in response! If you zoom in and look on the main shaft near the flywheel, you’ll see a rectangular plate with a set of automotive points mounted. Inside the base is a regular automotive coil. That’s it!