• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Atlas Imperial gas engine

rjdadio

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/30/2019
Here is an Atlas Imperial air compressor engine that I just brought home. Somebody put a lunkenheimer on it but I changed it to a 3/4 schebler carb and got it running. Boy, any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

Tim B

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/06/2019
Nice pickens there. They sure run well. I see your missing the water pump under the mag though and the brass gas tank. I don't believe there is any information on these from what I heard. Supposable they were shipped w/ all diesel engines for charging air to start them. If you do find any info, please share it.

rjdadio

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/30/2019
I thought that maybe a water pump mounted under the mag....kinda made sense. I even went thru my stuff and found an almost perfect one for the job. Tim, can you share some pictures? And it produces a pretty fair air output.

Tim B

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/06/2019
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Let me know if you need more pictures of anything else. There is suppose to be a cover over the mag that kind of looks like a mailbox. I cant seem to find those pictures right now.

Attachments

rjdadio

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/30/2019
Thanks Tim! When you find your pictures, I would like one that shows the gas
tank better. I have what looks like an original part on top of the head that is rounded in shape that looks like it would hold the tank on the round. In your pictures it looks like it sits on the flat side of the tank. - Ray