• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Automotive type fuel pump rebuild

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017
I am working on a 1955 American La-France 700 series fire truck with the Junior 527 CID engine. My question is: Does anyone have a source for a person or company that rebuilds fuel pumps? The one on the ALF Junior V-12 looks like it may possibly been built by AC but I am not sure. The diaphram is shot and is allowing gas to get into the engine crankcase. i do not want to risk trying to rebuild it myself, as if i break something, a new pump is unobtanium. Any help most appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Andrew

cornbinder89

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/11/2020
Then and Now Automotive in Weymouth , MA. Do a good job, and build with material that will stand up to todays gasoline.

Motormowers

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/13/2019
I had to have the water pump rebuilt on my 1984 Mazda B2200 diesel truck. New ones arent to be had anywhere on the planet these days. Sent my old one to Arthur Gould on Long Island and he rebuilt it for $248.00. Thats all he does is rebuilds water and fuel pumps for vintage vehicles. Depending on how rare it is they grab you by the apples because a friend sent in a water pump for his 34,000 mile 69 Impala 327 and it was $90.00 because they know if you need it you need it.

Gene Williams

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/15/2019
Yoy could try classicpreservation.com the guys name is Hal Houghton. He has all sorts of rebuild kits and does do rebuilds for customers.

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017
Another ALF fuel pump question -Is there a special procedure for removing the fuel pump on the ALF-12? I seem to remember there was a rod that bneeded to be secured, but i cannot find it on paperwork I have. can anyone help?