• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Baraboo Swap

M

Mike Shaffer

Was there any thing unusual at the Baraboo Swap? Tell me what I missed!!!

D

DANIEL DORECE

I don't know if he has posted them yet but Steve Barr was at the sale and he will probably have the prices realized on his site soon. I picked up a couple of engines in the sale but what supprised me was the large amount of engines and parts in the swap area.

DAN

S

Steve Barr

Sorry Guys

Sorry Guys, but I did not make the Baraboo Swap and Sale. I was down south in Kentucky at a grade school with a group from the Stationary Engine List putting on an educational display Friday and Saturday. I did make the auction in Preemption IL on Sunday, but did not record prices. It was raining (pen doesn't write on wet paper) and I did not get the photos that I wanted. I did get overview pictures. I also picked up a 3hp Appleton at the sale (not listed on the sale bill). Had it running yesterday.

I wonder who was impersonating me at Baraboo??? I don't have a twin that I know of. If anyone has the results and pictures of the engines, I would be happy to put them on my page. We can talk off-stack.

J

Jason

From what I remember, The 3hp Evinrude (running on cart) $13,000 / 8hp Algoma (running on cart) $2000 / 8hp A-OK (Algoma) (some parts missing) $800/ 3hp(?) Miami (running) $4000 / 9hp Globe (running with some homemade parts) $725 / 6hp FBM Z (restored, on cart, and running on sumpter mag) $800 / 6hp Lauson Frost King (stuck but complete with pulleys on both flywheels) $800 / 5hp Stickney (rough but complete with coil and muffler) $3000 / 6hp Sandwich (nice original) $2200 / 1hp FBM Eclipse (early engine complete with big back-geared pump jack, stuck) $575 / A lot of other common engines in the $100 to $300 range. Prices were down quite a bit. EK mags were $150 / Webster and Sumpter mags were around $160 give or take a little. I purchase a 3hp FBM Z which was rusty and stuck but was complete with pulley and Bosch AB-33 mag for $100, The Evinrude engine was quite an impressive engine to see.

J

Jon Rozevink

The Stickney was around $4000. At $3000 it would be in my garage right now. I bought 4 engines at the sale. The best deal I got was a air cooled Associated Chore Boy with a Paragon oiler for $500.

S

Steve Barr

Jon

You must have been refering to this engine...I saw it last year when I was up at Ned's place with a friend to look at a few of his engines that he had forsale. I wanted the Miami, but he didn't want to sell it...I was on the cell phone in Southern Indiana talking to a friend who was at the sale when the Miami (Woodpecker) sold... I remember hearing $4000. I remember it being a nice original with decent decals when I saw it...Too bad, I didn't take a photo of it then.

D

DANIEL DORECE

Re: Sorry Guys

Must have been thinking about Watertown, Steve. Sorry.

DAN

J

Jon Rozevink

Steve That's the Stickney. There was a picture of the Miami on the web site for the auction.

J

Jason

Last price I heard was $2200. Not positive in that though. There were a few people taking prices though. Very nice looking and running engine.

J

John Glowacki

The 3hp Evinrude (running on cart) sold for $13,000? Was this an outboard Evinrude with the attatched flat gas tank and brass prop with a can muffler?

I might have to start restoring mine.

John

J

Joe Prindle

The Galloway went for a bit over $3000. I was there when it sold, but did not pay that much attention. The Evinrude was a Hvid style oil engine, and it did not sell. It was bid back by the owner at 13K. I was told that he was not going to let it go for less than 15K, which seems like an awful lot of money for a pushrod engine, no matter how nice or rare it is. I think that there were a few real bargains on common engines needing work. I didn't even get a number to bid, as I have enough projects now to last several decades. I am still surprised that I managed to exercise that much self control!

D

DANIEL DORECE

The Evinrude engine was in an ebay auction a few weeks ago. the bidding topped at$14,000.00 but didnt reach the reserve. I found out later that the reserve was $20,000.00

DAN

B

Bill Schaller

well, that globe had the most interesting head I have seen.

D

Dale Cairns

Thanks Bill for the Straubel imformation . That is a real nice engine .