Beiler's auction 2007--BAD news

Leonard Keifer

Subscriber
I wrote to Wolgemuth Auctions about the 2007 Beiler's Auction. Here is the body of the reply (in it's entirity):

Leonard, Beiler is not having sale this year. Carol

Let people know. It would be a shame if someone drove all the way to Lancaster County and found out then that there was no auction.

R Lamp

Thanks for the info. I wonder if someone else will hold the auction now. Thousands of bidders and tons of iron to sell seems like someone would do it.

Leonard Keifer

Subscriber
I've heard a rumor that Wolgemuth may hold an engine auction, guess we'll just have to wait and see. It takes a huge site to sell the tons of old iron that was usually at Beiler's.

I just hope there will be some effort to get the news out across the country, I know folks come from as far away as Iowa and possibly farther for the sale.

N

Nick C.

According to this site there is a Beiler's Auction this 2007.

http://www.padutchcountry.com/member_pages/Mud_Sales.asp

It is not being held at the same Beiler location as usual though. If you call the number in this ad, it is a recorded message stating that this year's auction is in Holtwood, PA about 15 miles SW of the Beiler's farm location.

It is also being held on a Friday/Saturday this year instead of the typical Thursday/Friday. I hope that this is the same type of auction as in years past, just at this new location. According to the recorded message, a Firehouse seems to be sponsering the event (or at least the location).

Bill Decker

It came to my attention that there seemed to be 2 different addresses for the Beiler's Sale. I contacted the auctioneer with the following inquiry;

Hi,

I'm inquiring about the Beiler's Auction/Mud Sale. The ad in the Lancaster Farming has the sale being held at Rawlinsville Fire Co. in Holtwood, Pa. and your site states that it will be at 601 Musser School Rd. Leola. Would you please let me know which of these sites are correct.

Thank You for your time,

Bill Decker

and received the following reply

Beiler’s Auction/Mud Sale is at the Leola address Feb 24-25. The Rawlinsville Mud Sale is Apr 7. These are 2 distinct events. I don’t have access to Lancaster Farming. It is possible there is another auction at Rawlinsville in Feb. Local firehouses often have several auctions during the year.
With this being said, I'm taking that the Beiler Sale will be held at 601 Musser School Rd. Leola, Pa. I will be editing the listing on the auction page to reflect this. If I'm not mistaking, this address is at Beilers. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

R Lamp

Thanks Leonard and Bill. Someone needs to straighten this all out soon so everybody can get their reservations in order. And I know some people who would have brought equipment to sell at Beilers but not the other location. I already made motel reservations for me and some friends for the Holtwood location. According the recent flyer, the "Beiler" sale is being held at the Holtwood location Feb 23 & Feb 24 (Fri/Sat). If anyone has any updated information, please post. Thanks!

Bill Decker

Made a phone call to the number that was on the website. A gentleman returned my call a couple hours later and confirmed that the auction will be held at the Rawlings Fire Co. in Holtwood, Pa. on Feb. 23 & 24. When I told him about the e-mail I received and the Leola address on the website he seemed a bit puzzled. Said he would look into it. Sorry for any confusion this caused. Probably should have followed up the e-mail with a phone call before posting. Sorry to all.