• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Bell Telephone Service Truck

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/22/2020
I’m constantly searching for pieces of old trucks to put together. I was very surprised this past summer to find an actual Bell Telephone Service Bed on Craigslist made into a trailer in Atascadero, CA. About two hours from my house. $200.
Certainly cheap enough...
I already had the short wheelbase 1938 IHC Pickup. These service beds were constructed to go on just about any make SWB light-duty truck.

Attachments

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/22/2020
As an unexpected bonus, it sure looks like I got an early Ford Mustang 8” differential as part of the deal. A very desirable “update” differential for an old truck.

Motorhead

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
I was surfing the site and saw your thread. I happen to live in Atascadero, 40 years now. I found this here in Atascadero about 6 years ago, a 1958 Pacific bell generator trailer with a 1958, 5cck contractors enclosed generator on a trailer. There is the olive green that they used to paint the trucks in the 50's behind the reflectors. It runs and generates 120/240 well.

Attachments

Monsonmotors

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/22/2020
Thanks, Motorhead!
Lunette and pintle hitch. Army style.
This would look cool behind my truck! :)
Very cool!
My service bed is old green on the front nearest the cab.