• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Bendigo rally this weekend 13-14th june

WilliamInOz

Registered
Hi all there is a rally on this weekend... its a tad late posting it up but its at the bendigo show grounds on saturday and sunday.
I'll be stoking the fire.

Cheers, Will

john gilbert

Registered
We just know you will be having a good time Will, I will be home nursing the wife with her black eye, ( don't ask how)
cheers to all. John:O

WilliamInOz

Registered
John,
looks like its going to be a cold wet and windy weekend... going to light up tomorrow arvo so its warm for saturday mornin. Might take the pot belly with me to keep warm! I just hope i dont get bogged:O:rolleyes:
Theres been a wright up in the one of the free local papers but gotta see what in the other one tomorra...
Mums not to happy ive spent more time in the last 2 weeks in the engine shed instead at home :shrug::zz:its going to be worth it this weekend
If anyone is going to be there just look for a bloke in blue work gear and a black coat..... Might have to find a beanee to keep the noggin warm!

Cheers, Will

john gilbert

Registered
Hi Oldsiron and Will, no mate, she dosent go to Cronulla, its just too far from home ( 1100 km) and would take her a week to get there. 2 hrs a day in the car is her limit these days. Actually she has a gammy left leg result of an unsucessful operation to restore blood flow to both legs. She was walking toward the shed where I had the pot belly going flat out, lovely and warm, her left leg didnt lift high enough, tripped herself up went down with a cup of coffee in her hand and ended up wearing the full rim of her specs around the left eye. Nice cut top and bottom also 5 cuts to her fingers where they hit the broken coffee cup. She is one very sore old girl today. Just hope no long range problems there. The cold weather dosen't help much eigther. Back toi the shed for the day for me. Have fun at Bendigo Will, cheers boys, John

Oldsiron

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/17/2013
Nasty Fall John :faint:
Wish her Well from frosty foggy -2 YASS this morning.

Regards, Chris

WilliamInOz

Registered
Patrick.... It might snow in ballarat.... 9 degrees tomorrow i got a good heater!
Just got back from the rally ground its starting to fill!:D
6am tomorrow morning ill be out getting everything done:O

Cheers, Will

john gilbert

Registered
thanks for that , Oldsiron, she is still a bit worried about her left knee but as she can put weight on it with out extra pain I dont think it is too bad. the shinner is nice and bright today, a good shade of purple I must say. Still above zero weather here but only just. I would be lost without the pot belly in the shed though. cheers for now John

WilliamInOz

Registered
John your lucky you didnt come down its a bit soft under foot today i towed the portable over and it lost traction on the grass. :O :shrug:
its a sloshy muddy mix around the steam engine though i shudder to think how the tractor is going to pull it back. :uhoh:

Cheers, Will

WilliamInOz

Registered
It was a better day on sunday with some early and rare engines on display. I even got my mug shot taken for the local rag!:O:D

Cheers, Will