• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Bessemer 20 project

Early Iron

Registered
Been working on this one with the mild winter we are having. It's cleaning up nicely and should be ready to start in march. Removed head and piston to clean out water jacket and piston/bore, glad I did as there was all kinds of junk in there.

Attachments

Early Iron

Registered
That's so true Bill. Lol. One day I may be smart enough to load a picture right side up. For now it's a crap shoot.

Early Iron

Registered
McCord forced feed oiler cleaned and ready. The bulls eye sight glasses get filled with glycerine and the engine oil drops flow up a thin wire in the sight. Amazing that someone figured this out. The engine came with this oiler and it's going back on.

Attachments

Early Iron

Registered
Here is the intake valve all cleaned up and ready to be safety wired

Sorry for the upside down pics Bill. Luckly there's no oil in it yet.

Attachments

W.P.Klein

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
01/19/2020
McCord forced feed oiler cleaned and ready. The bulls eye sight glasses get filled with glycerine and the engine oil drops flow up a thin wire in the sight. Amazing that someone figured this out. The engine came with this oiler and it's going back on.
Please explain the oiler operation in more detail - I can't quite picture what you mean. Bill Klein

Early Iron

Registered
Each of the brass pumps delivers oil via a 1/4 copper tube as needed to cylinder, cross head, etc. this one is driven off the same cam that operates the OC mag. I attached some info that should help. I got this info from a very helpful fellow engine enthusiast.

Attachments

Skidmore

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/24/2016
Looks like it's about ready for a good thick coat of Green porch & deck enamel.:D Please don't it looks Great, you did a nice job . How she run ?

Early Iron

Registered
Thanks. Ran out of time today, and the stack pipe didn't arrive until tonight. Compression is good and timing looks about right to me. Will have it running by next weekend.

Will wipe the engine down and that's it. No paint. Lol.

Mikey NY

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/28/2016
That project is really coming along nice, If you need any help when it comes time to get it running, let me know, Im just over the bear mountain bridge from you. I don't have any experience with anything that size, but I still have a little bit of muscle left for rolling over flywheels.

Mike in Central Valley