• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Big Kingston carburetor - what does it fit?

Savinsam

Registered
Hello. I'm new to this great site. I've had a big brass 5 ball Kingston carb for many years & no one seems to be able to tell me what it fits. Model/serial tag is not legible. It's a side draft with 1 1/2" pipe threads. I'm told that it might be off a boat motor. Anyone know what it might fit? Thanks!

Attachments

carbking

Registered
More than likely it fit a tractor. I have 24 listings for this size Kingston and type Kingston on tractors, none on marine.

Jon.

Ronald E. McClellan

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/05/2020
It could have been a marine carb. They were used for various applications. I have a small Arrow marine engine with a 4 ball Kingston. Ron

Norm Johnston

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
08/13/2019
Big Bull tractors used a Kingston carby, not sure if it was a 5 ball with threaded mounting but would be a side draught.

carbking

Registered
With Kingston, really impossible to give a definative answer, at least with the original resources available to me.

Long ago, I was able to acquire a LOT of original Kingston prints, drawings, and what may be their first published manual with carburetor numbers assigned. Kingston started numbering their carbs (no, unfortunately, the number is not on the carb) in 1916 in alphabetic order beginning with the 1916 Avery, and then issued numbers back to 1912 for carburetors STILL in production. Thus carburetors prior to 1916 and carburetors from 1912 to 1915 not still in production in 1916 were not listed.

I have documentation of 21 different Kingston models in a myriad of sizes.

All in all, I have 1362 different listings for Kingston carburetors in my database, as early as 1905.

The 1362 listings break down as follows:

Passenger (or passenger/truck)- 61
Truck only - 15
Tractor - 935
Industrial - 50
Marine - 29
Other (motorcycle, aftermarket, unknown) - the rest.

Would delight in copies of ORIGINAL literature printed prior to 1916 giving information on Kingston.

Jon.

tristan e

Registered
I don't mean to steal your post but since we are on the topic, where could I find a rebuild kit for my l2 I think it is , it's off my 1930 case L