• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Bovaird & Seyfang 10x14 20hp 1923

IronworkerFXR

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/06/2020
Got a set of OC mag coils last fall, that is all good now, put a primary and secondary regulator on, I see now that the intake / gas valve is not seating well, my question , Is this a steel on steel flat face sealing setup or should there be a rubber gasket on one surface ?.

Attachments

con-rad

Registered
looks like a pretty crusty seat. lap it well, you can use a drill or drill press to help spin the valve. make sure to clean out all the lapping compound from the gas holes!

IronworkerFXR

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/06/2020
looks like a pretty crusty seat. lap it well, you can use a drill or drill press to help spin the valve. make sure to clean out all the lapping compound from the gas holes!
Its worse than that , the valve stem is pretty pitted and the guide whopped , and the guide cross support brazed poorly , so it will never work right in its current state .

con-rad

Registered
I would lap it the best you can and run it. My pattin, despite having a super lapped seat, leaks gas. just open the gas valve and start the engine right away to prevent flooding. you can also fill the pits with JB weld and sand smooth.