• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Bridgetown Russels field day

RustyNumbat

Registered
Just a very few photos I took from the day, might have a video together eventually. Big thanks to Chester for giving me loads of advice and trying to help me with the Lister that DEFEATED GREASY JOHN:bonk:

Link to the album

The Land Rover looked incredible!

karragullengine

Registered
Looks like a really good day out. One day I'm hoping to get to some of these events. So did you get the lister going and if so what was wrong?

GreasyJohn

Registered
the Lister that DEFEATED GREASY JOHN

ahem please dont forget to add the bit where i had it running albeit poorly due to what i have diagnosed as a weak spark. i think we should all encourage Numbat to find a new HT lead and work on his soldering ability :O

RustyNumbat

Registered
the Lister that DEFEATED GREASY JOHN

ahem please dont forget to add the bit where i had it running albeit poorly due to what i have diagnosed as a weak spark. i think we should all encourage Numbat to find a new HT lead and work on his soldering ability :O
"There's no spark!" said the guy who refused to stick finger between lead and plug to demonstrate his initial diagnosis. Not to mention it ran fine under identical electronic configuration only a month prior:brows:

It was good to see the tractor pull sled being used, I wonder if it's the one from Dardanup. Some bloke even put their hotted up land cruiser onto it! Though I have to say it's a bit silly when large HP machines go on it, they all simply pull it to the end of the sled run with no problem so there's seemingly no challenge!