• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Briggs 142300 armature

chattblacksmith

Registered
Hello all. I am restoring a Briggs 142300 and am at the point of installing the ignition system. I have two 296834 armatures bit both of them look preyrough. I have searched the web for a new one and seems to be a pretty difficult part to find. The spark wire seems to be the the only part that is beyond repair. Is there a way to replace just the spark wire or will the entire part have to be replaced? Also if anyone has or knows of a new armature for sale let me know. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Chris

radiodoc

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2021
Is the plug wire sealed in the armature coil or is it attached thru a contact and twisted on itself to attach. What is the engine type number?

Partsman

Card Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
02/05/2020
Hi I have those armatures in stock. Jim Jim's Antique Small Engine Parts. Sponsor

uglyblue66

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/07/2018
Does your coil bolt up with 4 bolts or 2?
The reason I ask is when I do a google search it shows a 2 bolt.But when I look at the break down on ereplacement parts it shows a 4 bolt.
I may be needing a 4 bolt myself so it is interesting to know they are still avalaible somewhere as that site says this.

Ignition Coil

No Longer Available [ More Info ]
Part Number: 296834
Discontinued

radiodoc

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2021
297320 armature used on type nos 0243, 0244. 502136 & 502137. PARTSMAN says he has the armatures in a previous post.