• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Briggs 5S

Shaf

Registered
I just bought an Excello Reel Mower with an early Briggs 5S engine. Serial 24365 Sept 1949 (I think). In looking at the motor someone has been there before me and they have put the wrong coil in it and the one they put in is a two bolt coil and it does not sit correctly and neither does the governor. I started looking online for the correct coil that I believe is part number 292627 and am having trouble locating the correct one or a replacement that lists this one. I just did some of this same work on a 6B-S and really didn't have any trouble finding parts. Any info or links would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve

radiodoc

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2021
gdstew my service data came up with the 291617 part number too. I think it is a 3 pole armature.