• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Briggs and Stratton 60102 no spark?

buddy m

Registered
hi guys... new to the site and hopefully you can help... i have a lawn edger that i bought a few years ago and never had a lick of trouble from it... until last year. it wouldnt start and i didnt have time to mess with it so it sat til this spring. now i'm messing with it and i can't get any spark through the plug but if i hold the spark plug wire and the ground stap engine stop i get shocked????:shrug: the motor is a briggs and stratton 60210 type 0226 01 code 7011253 and its a 2hp. i've changed the plug, cleaned the carb and changed the gas even though i winterize the lawn stuff with stabil and run them out of gas. any help would be great. thanks in advance!

JKWidener

Registered
Last Subscription Date
07/06/2014
I would file the points and sand the magnets on the flywheel...

buddy m

Registered
so i'm trying to get the points but cant get the flywheel off??? is there a special tool or method or am i just smarter than the flywheel???:bonk:

buddy m

Registered
thanks to all that helped... i got it apart and replaced the points and condenser and set the gap and put it all back together and it still wouldn't start. then i turned the choke off and it started after about half a pull. so life is good and now i'm off to tinker with something else... and no i didn't trim the edges of the lawn... just wanted to make somthing run today!!:D thanks again!!!