• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE in your location!

Briggs and Stratton Model A Spark Plug?

CycleKartBow

Registered
Can anyone tell me what spark plug the Model A uses?

I can't find a cross reference for the Autolite B-7 that is in it, and is well past its day... I'd like something I can get local, even if it doesn't look vintage, as I want to see if I can get it fired up here in a couple day...

Thanks

Everett Hayden

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
The original factory plug was a Champion 8 com. It cross references to the Auto Lite B7 plug in the "Briggs and Stratton Repairman's Handbook" I have. This book is a B & S Factory publication. So, there you have it. Model A's run so sweet, I really like em.

Everett

Junkologist

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2019
Modern plug would be a D16 Champion, but it will run on any 18mm short reach plug.

Junkologist

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2019
You may want to call around first. Your best bet for finding one on the shelf may be at a farm supply store like TSC or Rural King, if you have those in your area.

CycleKartBow

Registered
Thanks gents.

Stopped into TSC and they had them... in a package of 4...

So I got 4 Autolite 3116s.

Put iton the lead, grounded the plug and spun the flywheel by hand... nice healthy spark... and I have 3 extra plugs....

Looks like I need 3 more engines for them... ;)