• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Briggs I Signal Corps Genset/ Briggs 6

Nevr-Enuf-Stuf

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
Well, another WW2 era Briggs genset joins the group, the disease has become incurable :crazy: . I picked up this set today with thanks to "dirtycurt" for his previous "heads-up". But to my surprise the seller also had the original wooden crate base for it, which is in as amazing condition as the genset itself. Too bad he didnt have the top half of the crate. To further sweeten the deal he also offered up a '53 Briggs model 6, which is in nice condition. I threw him an offer on the lot and came home with all for an unbelievably good deal. :eek:http://www.flickr.com/photos/17087539@N07/.
Patrick

T

trowel

whoa,
it's in better shape then i thought when i looked at the pic., very nice, have you run it yet?
trowel

dirtycurt

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/20/2012
Well, another WW2 era Briggs genset joins the group, the disease has become incurable :crazy: . I picked up this set today with thanks to "dirtycurt" for his previous "heads-up". But to my surprise the seller also had the original wooden crate base for it, which is in as amazing condition as the genset itself. Too bad he didnt have the top half of the crate. To further sweeten the deal he also offered up a '53 Briggs model 6, which is in nice condition. I threw him an offer on the lot and came home with all for an unbelievably good deal. :eek:http://www.flickr.com/photos/17087539@N07/.
Patrick
your welcome never enuf i live in overland park i called him never got a answer but i wasnt going to purchase it.i just wanted to see it.i wish i had went there now. i would have liked to had that 53 engine i had to post it two gensets in just a cple weeks close to me hope you get them both going soon

Nevr-Enuf-Stuf

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
I only had enough time tonite to give the carb throat a little squirt of fuel to see if it had fire, it only ran for a few seconds or so but sounded good. The 6 probably just needs the points cleaned up, he said it has sat without being ran in almost 15 years.
Patrick

T

trowel

you can't beat those old gennys, the briggs model 6 and 8 is a unbalevable engine compared to some,

dirtycurt

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/20/2012
i dont know if this is the right place to post this bu im looking for someone that would have information or pictures of a 1924 curtis 1 cylinder air compressor.i need pic of the unloader to see what i need.ill have some pics of mine as soon as i get it back together.any help is better than none.thank you

MSchreiber

Subscriber
do a google and search here. i looked up curtis some time ago and found some stuff, i think mostly on the stack.

Fifty7ChevyNut

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/24/2014
this should be the pe.77. i have about 10 of them, and four or five have the complete crate. i just bought the top half, and bought it thinking i have the bottom half. give me a hollar, would like to swap stories, and pictures.
don the nut aka fifty7chevynut@aol.com