• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Briggs & Stratton Model 6 Restoration

courts94s

Registered
Top notch work there. I discovered the other day I have a model 6 and they do use a small Flo-Jet carb. The model 6 and the model 6s are so different from each other. When I first found it I thought was a late model 8 because they look so much alike. Once again, 3 thumbs up on your work.
Thanks! Here’s another Model 6 that I restored.

Attachments

EvilDr235

Registered
love that bluish paint color. I just went and looked at my model 6 and noticed the air cleaner to carb spacer was much shorter on mine. I also noticed from the holes in the blower housing, mine once had a recoil type starter. It now has a rope cup in it's place. Mine Is missing the screen that keeps junk out of the blower housing. I have spare parts, so I can replace the recoil setup if I decide to go that way. Mine also has the vent tube from the valve chamber cover to the air cleaner spacer. I like the look of the model 6 over the look of a model 6s.