• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Brookton Old Time Motor Show 2020

RustyNumbat

Registered
with all the exhaust fumes at brookton, corona aint gunna survive the day
Jokes aside, I've found I usually get a wog after machine shows. My guess is that fumes and exhaust causes damage the throat and lung lining temporarily plus being exposed to a large crowd... So whilst I initially laughed at Winchester's post now that I think about it he has a point!

Inter Bloke

Registered
Jokes aside, I've found I usually get a wog after machine shows. My guess is that fumes and exhaust causes damage the throat and lung lining temporarily plus being exposed to a large crowd... So whilst I initially laughed at Winchester's post now that I think about it he has a point!
I get the same symptoms ! but I recon its because I "talk" more in one day at Brookton than I do for an entire year ! I recon all I have to do is "shut the yap" and I would be fine, (but that aint gunna happen)

cobbadog

Registered
I'm yet to understand what is it about arse wipe that they are all fighting for? It has nothing to do with the virus and the next thing on their hit list after the masks and hand sanitizer will be ...... ?
It just confirms that living in some capital cities you have to be stark raving mad, a part of the flock of sheep that just follow what the others are doing. When your kids start using the word "like" 4 times in every sentence, or talking with a croaky voice and they dont have a cold but they feel it makes them more attractive and not bloody ridiculous you just want to cuff them up the lug hole and say wake up to yourself.

RustyNumbat

Registered
When your kids start using the word "like" 4 times in every sentence, or talking with a croaky voice and they dont have a cold but they feel it makes them more attractive and not bloody ridiculous you just want to cuff them up the lug hole and say wake up to yourself.
Nah, that stuff is just the changing vocal tics of the time, plenty of yanky and pom stuff that got introduced to Gen X, baby boomers etc. May as well say the same about anyone not speaking like an Edwardian :p My grandmother (born in the 20s) has a marvelous refined Australian accent thanks to PLC elocution lessons.

I believe the poo tickets thing was started by Channel 7 citing toilet paper as an example of something that could run out, followed by people just copying the rush (or even just deciding to go and buy ONE packet "just in case it's true") so it just snowballed. "Just in case" lead to a tragedy of the commons.