• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Brookton Old Time Motor Show 2020

Scotty 2

Registered
Yes well at this time I am unlikely to attend Brookton . I do not like the idea of being in a large crowd , the Coronavirus is a threat . Unfortunate but that's the way it is .
You can always take a face mask if your worried. Buy a box of them because your going to need them. Influenza is a bigger killer of people and Influenza has a season with a new strain virtually every year.
You may also want to read and watch this from the WHO (not the band). Pretty easy and basic preventative measures.
I wouldn't mind hearing from the band. They were pretty good. Was it Tommy they sang? I got sick of Who are You, hearing it on telly every weeks for donkey's years. Anyways.......
https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public

If your worried about the Corona virus DO NOT READ THIS. YOU'LL NEVER LEAVE YOUR HOUSE AGAIN.
https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

A good feed of curried eggs for tea the day before may keep people 3' away on the day if your worried about people too close to you. Double protection.......
Or simply start sneezing and rub your nose. People will leave you well enough alone.

Go and enjoy the outing. You have more of a chance of been in a serious car crash on the way there then contracting the disease AND dying.

Cheers Scott

Last edited:

Scotty 2

Registered
Yep, a lot more chance of been hurt or been killed in a car crash in WA. 1 death and no cases of the virus at present versus 11 deaths this year from traffic accidents (which is a very sad thing to say).. Which brings me to....enjoy life while you can. You never know what's around the corner.
https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJr...iNjQwLWJhYzItNDU2ZC04NTA1LWYyY2MwN2Y1MTc4NCJ9
This is from the WA Government yesterday and there is a key statement at the bottom. There is no current local transmission of COVID-19.
https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/~/media/Files/Corporate/general documents/Infectious diseases/PDF/Coronavirus/COVID19-daily-snapshot.pdf

If your concerned simply keep up to date with WA Health
https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/Articles/A_E/Coronavirus

karragullengine

Registered
Yeah and then some twat comes in feeling ill, goes to get tested and while waiting for results goes to a concert and then gets a positive result. Or another person who has a positive result is aloud to go home and 'self' quarantine. What a joke.

RustyNumbat

Registered
You can always take a face mask if your worried. Buy a box of them because your going to need them. Influenza is a bigger killer of people and Influenza has a season with a new strain virtually every year.
You may also want to read and watch this from the WHO (not the band). Pretty easy and basic preventative measures.
I wouldn't mind hearing from the band. They were pretty good. Was it Tommy they sang? I got sick of Who are You, hearing it on telly every weeks for donkey's years. Anyways.......
https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public

If your worried about the Corona virus DO NOT READ THIS. YOU'LL NEVER LEAVE YOUR HOUSE AGAIN.
https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

A good feed of curried eggs for tea the day before may keep people 3' away on the day if your worried about people too close to you. Double protection.......
Or simply start sneezing and rub your nose. People will leave you well enough alone.

Go and enjoy the outing. You have more of a chance of been in a serious car crash on the way there then contracting the disease AND dying.

Cheers Scott
Dr Karl was saying on the radio if the death rate is even as high as 2% that's a quarter of a million people in this country dying from it. Furthermore people tend to "know" roughly 100 friends, family, co workers etc so you can expect at least one of them to die over the next year and a half. IN ADDITION to all the "normal" deaths. It's a serious matter, especially for those over 60 years old.

RustyNumbat

Registered
Is that 2% of the total population or 2% of confirmed cases?
Confirmed cases, which within 18 months is going to be up to 70% of everyone that doesn't live in a humpy alone in the bush. Of course that death rate varies by the age, health and treatment of individuals.

karragullengine

Registered
Confirmed cases, which within 18 months is going to be up to 70% of everyone that doesn't live in a humpy alone in the bush. Of course that death rate varies by the age, health and treatment of individuals.
So you want to be one of the first before the glut, or one of the last after the glut and when they have it figured out.

Hopefully they can slow the spread to a trickle until a vaccine is available.

Wayne Timms

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/24/2019
Mother Nature’s revenge ! The planet needs a purge.( trouble is it’ll get the good ones)
Hi Darryl,

I don't think the good are too worried.

As long as it kills people who beat children, because they think they can.

So who are the good ones?

Wayne

RustyNumbat

Registered
So with the 500 gathering guidline is this now cancelled?
It's a long way down the calendar, surely by then most people would already have caught it?

Wayne he must think the only good people are "people over the age of 70" since that's the demographic most likely to die from it... *insert tasteless joke about tax leeching pensioners dying off here* Jokes asides it seems like taking precautions and trying to isolate the oldies could be the difference between an unhappy end on a hospital bed or many more years of life. I'm worried for my grandparents, who aren't taking it too seriously "she'll be right"

We're just on 100 years since the Spanish Flu ripped across the world, though from what I understand the way that virus worked meant plenty of fit young people died from it.

Winchester

Registered
Some time back I mentioned that I would not be attending the show because I did not wish to be among a large crowd . There were some rather stupid comments forthcoming as a result. However in the light of the latest developments perhaps those who demonstrated a rather foolish attitude may have revised there thoughts.
If they had listened to Dr Norman Swanns opinion this morning on the ABC they, like myself would take the matter seriously. Did you know that as a result of this virus Italy will triage all people who have symptoms that test positive to non resuscitation. In other words non life saving treatment.
In my state there are only three major hospitals ,in my regional city only one. If there is an explosion of cases of the virus the limited number of hospital beds would be taken up. For those of us who may have an emergency there will be no bed!
Many events have been canceled or postponed but as of this post no word of the Brookton Old Time Motor Show.

Winchester

Registered
Yes of course we now know that Brookton has been canceled and perhaps those of you who had intended to attend are disappointed but perhaps releaved as the decision has been taken out of your hands .
I am so angry that cruise ships are still allowed to visit Albany,three in one week. The last I am told took on passengers from Madagasger [spelling]
This whole affair has been badly handled by our government