• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Brookton Old Time Motor Show 2020

cobbadog

Registered
Last nights news pointed out a glaring stuff up. With all the border points being monitored at least and if not tested they found a bloke of a freighter shopping in town to stock his freighter up. Came off the boat, no border control and I can only guess the customs had stamped his passport but no checks for the virus at all. this was over in WA up in the iron ore district.

Winchester

Registered
Yes well , ( thanks Winchester) as long as it kills people who sexually abuse children , because they think they can Would be my view.
Yes well the covid-19 does not discriminate and no doubt will touch many of us . I believe that the usual suspects have had a lot to say on this subject, ridicule of the governments efforts to protect us , did they perchance have any suggestions that could help?
Any organisation that involves a gathering of people should immediately cancel the event. Yes the situation regarding super markets and requirement to supplement our larders is a difficult proposition to overcome and I have no answer as to how to solve it .
Many of us and possibly all of us will have suffered financially , but we must just ride it out and wait for the inevitable recovery,many businesses will fall by the wayside in the meantime.
I can only wish that you and your families remain safe and well , if you feel that you should go into isolation for whatever reason then do so. We must all do our bit to stop the spread of this virus.

karragullengine

Registered
Yes well the covid-19 does not discriminate and no doubt will touch many of us . I believe that the usual suspects have had a lot to say on this subject, ridicule of the governments efforts to protect us , did they perchance have any suggestions that could help?
Any organisation that involves a gathering of people should immediately cancel the event. Yes the situation regarding super markets and requirement to supplement our larders is a difficult proposition to overcome and I have no answer as to how to solve it .
Many of us and possibly all of us will have suffered financially , but we must just ride it out and wait for the inevitable recovery,many businesses will fall by the wayside in the meantime.
I can only wish that you and your families remain safe and well , if you feel that you should go into isolation for whatever reason then do so. We must all do our bit to stop the spread of this virus.
Supermarkets and workplaces come under exemption for essential areas. Banning all non essential gatherings. I think they have done the best they can so far. They cannot and will not stop the virus spreading, just trying to slow it as much as possible. That way we can treat the vulnerable should they get it. Scientists are getting some good progress on treatments every day. I have a fairly aggressive cancer but am confident i have nothing to worry about at this point.

RustyNumbat

Registered
Here's hoping at election time people remember the "timely" action this federal government took for the fires (once the PM was dragged back from his very important holiday), followed by their "timely" action for this pandemic. And their idea of supporting small businesses is offering a tax writeoff which has nothing to do with paying the rent and surviving the months of downturn.

asw20

Registered
It might be time, for the first time ever in recorded history , for the banks to take a hit. Not actually forgiving debt (we know that will never happen), but temporarily ceasing to charge interest and giving those requiring it a repayment holiday. It would see all of those businesses and individuals NOT go bankrupt (business owners, tenants and landlords), but be able to pick up where they left off and then the banks can charge interest and repayments again and get payed, rather than be sitting on a lot of empty, de-valued commercial property.
Of course this is much simplified, but you get the idea. I think it might even work out better for the banks in the long run.

Jarrod.

Scotty 2

Registered
Any organisation that involves a gathering of people should immediately cancel the event.
QLD local Government elections are still on. As I said before (if you are selective in what you read).....been consistent would help in slowing the spread of this virus. Local 3 day show is off but pretty well the same people have to line up and be in an enclosed area in a pretty short period of time to vote. Both happening at the same time.

karragullengine

Registered
QLD local Government elections are still on. As I said before (if you are selective in what you read).....been consistent would help in slowing the spread of this virus. Local 3 day show is off but pretty well the same people have to line up and be in an enclosed area in a pretty short period of time to vote. Both happening at the same time.
I guess they will make stand two meters apart, need the votes before everyone dies.