• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Buying & Selling protocols question

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Newman Jr.

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/23/2019
My question for Harry is this:
If Joe Schmoe posts that his XYZ motor is all set to go, except he needs a left hand kanuten rod to finish it up, is it acceptable to offer one for sale to him in a reply? I am guilty of this and hope it has not gone on my permanent record labeling me a persistant trouble-maker. I know you (Harry) keep up with what's going on as I see that you regularly add your wisdom to the various posts. I'm just trying to get along.....
Thanks,
John Newman, Jr.
Saint Louis, MO

Harry

Administrator
Staff member
The Stak pages are non-commercial for a couple of reasons.

1) Buy and sell information gets old real quick and posts here aren't deleted like in the classified ads. As a result, we would be delivering stale information after a few days.

2) It would be easy for commercial entities to spam their wares and their links here and that would get out of hand real quick.

Exceptions: A person looking for a hard-to-find part that might take a long time or a miracle to get ahold of it.

It would be best in that case for you to respond to them by email. Once they have found their item, they can have a moderator remove the post or mark the thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.